Thursday, August 29, 2013

Panic



Well, here we are.  Post number 2.
                I’ve spent the last week trying to think about how to move forward with my new endeavor here in the blogosphere.  Panic set in – how am I going to decide which show, movie or book to focus on from week to week?  Even as I’m writing these words I don’t really know what to say.  Of course, that could be because I’m watching My Name is Earl, which is slightly distracting.  Yes, Earl will be a show I’ll touch on in later posts.  Which reminds me of another panic-inducing thought – how in the WORLD should I go about offering my brilliant insights into the world of television?  Seriously.  How?  What do I start with?  Do I break up the shows by season in week by week posts?  Do I give summaries on plot points?  Which show do I do first?  Should I just give an overall summary with critical analysis?  FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY, WHERE DO I START?!
                Sorry.  That was the panic.  Not that I want to deny you all a glimpse into my genius for yet another week, but I need a little bit more time to process and plan out how I’m going to do this.  It’s a big undertaking for me…
                In all honesty, though, I want this to be fun.  I don’t want to freak out or feel stressed about it.  I want to work on my writing skills, I want to share my opinions on entertainment, but I don’t want to have this loom over my head like a weekly homework assignment.  So, full disclosure here, I may not post on a weekly basis.  Maybe more like a monthly basis.  Or it might turn into a daily thing – who knows?  I guess that’s the beauty of managing your own blog – it’s totally up to you.  And let’s face it…there’s probably only a handful of people who’ll actually read this.  More than likely less than that.  And to those few who do read it, I say this:  Hello, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment